Brought to you by Kronos Workforce TeleStaff
Case study: California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation optimizes staffing using Kronos TeleStaff
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) runs 34 adult institutions and two juvenile centers, each with a medical unit managed by California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS). With facilities spread around the state, CDCR employs 56,000 people, from correctional officers to medical staff. The organization’s mission is to protect the public by safely and securely supervising adult and juvenile offenders, providing effective rehabilitation and treatment and integrating offenders successfully into the community.
• Using disparate legacy systems and manual processes to schedule staff required time-consuming manual analysis and validation.
• Applying business rules consistently across the enterprise, including assigning shifts and overtime by seniority, was challenging.
• Greater accountability of staffing, posts, overtime costs, and leave usage was needed.
• Lack of real-time labor data made efficient workforce management difficult.
• HR staff at each institution spent days manually calculating staff overtime.
Read the whole case study here.