Greater Manchester Police To Deploy 3,000 Body Cameras on Axon Technology Platform From TASER
London, UK, December 4, 2015 -TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR), the global leader in body-worn cameras and digital evidence management tools for law enforcement, today announced receipt of an order for up to 3,148 Axon Body 2 cameras and up to a three-year subscription to Evidence.com by the Greater Manchester Police, the third largest police agency in the UK. This order was received in the fourth quarter of 2015 and is expected to ship in the first quarter of 2016.
Officers in a variety of public facing roles will wear the body cameras and initial rollout is planned to begin in spring of 2016. The data from the body cameras will be stored and managed on Axon's technology platform. The leading digital evidence management platform is a highly secure cloud-based solution and the data will be stored in UK-based data centers.
“Body-worn video has been part of Greater Manchester Police’s plans to improve our service to the public for several years, going back to summer 2013,” said Assistant Chief Constable Garry Shewan. “Technologies such as body-worn video will make up part of the policing landscape for many years to come, and this funding will allow Greater Manchester to be at the forefront of the nationwide push towards more accountable and effective police forces.”
“We are thrilled that both the Greater Manchester Police and the London Metropolitan Police Service have selected our Axon technology platform in the last week,” says Rick Smith, founder and CEO of TASER International. “We’re looking forward to supporting both of these agencies in their efforts to bring new and innovative technology to their police force in order to maximize officer safety while bringing a new level of trust and transparency to police work.”
The UK's largest police force, the Metropolitan Police Service (Met), announced just last week that it has chosen Axon to outfit 22,000 of its officers with the Axon Body 2 cameras. The Met also released a report that highlights several benefits for using the cameras including a 33% reduction in allegations against police.
About Axon & Evidence.com Platform:
Thousands of law enforcement agencies to date are now utilizing the Axon platform, allowing them to seamlessly integrate software and hardware to enable powerful capabilities. The Axon platform connects technology and people in order to create safer communities.
- Powerful Simplicity: Our hardware and software products work together seamlessly and are easy to use, with software upgrades every 30 days that continually expand law enforcement capabilities.
- Security Beyond CJIS. Our security practices go above and beyond CJIS requirements to keep law enforcement's most sensitive data safe.
- Connected Mobile App Suite. The Axon suite of mobile applications augments the body camera experience and allows officers to Capture, View, and stream Live video from their smartphone.
- Infinite Capabilities from Capture to Courtroom: From body cameras and dash cameras to digital evidence management tools we arm law enforcement with great capabilities to help them focus on policing.
- CAD/RMS Integration - Automates Axon video tagging by pulling in the correct metadata from existing systems.
- Interview room - Axon now supports an enterprise interview room solution, unifying an agency's digital evidence
- Automated redaction – Smart Tracker is an expanded suite of redaction tools that streamlines the fulfillment of public records requests
- Prosecutor Solution - Secure digital collaboration with the prosecutor saves time and money
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobiles apps. More than 158,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. TASER's worldwide headquarters are in Scottsdale, AZ and its international headquarters are in Amsterdam, NL. TASER also has offices in London, UK and Seattle, WA.
Learn more at uk.taser.com and uk.axon.io or by calling 0870 108 2737. TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. TASER logo, Axon, Axon Body, Axon Body 2 are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.