Blauer Jacket Saves Paramedic from Severe Battery Acid Burns
Blauer Garments Protect Lives
Dear Blauer Customer Service Department:
My name is Keith Witte, I am a Paramedic for Allina Medical Transportation in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. I would like to thank Blauer for constructing such superior outerwear garments. The enclosed jacket saved me from severe battery acid burns during the line of duty. My story goes like this:
On a cold February night we were sent to the scene of a two-vehicle crash with one trapped. The patient was pinned in the vehicle for 30-40 minutes while being extracted. During this time I lay across the crushed passenger seat and dashboard holding the patient?s airway open. There was glass and vehicle fluid everywhere. After the patient was extracted and airlifted we were cleared to the main station to clean up and change clothes. I removed my jacket to find that the right sleeve to be covered with glass and what I thought was anti-freeze. But, after brushing the sleeve off, finding a small burn on my wrist and smelling the odor of acid, I realized it was battery acid on the sleeve. The sleeve was melting right before my eyes. I feel this Blauer jacket performed above and beyond its intended use. The jacket kept me warm, cut free and burn free for over seven years.
I would like to thank everyone at Blauer for a job well done!
Paramedic for Allina Medical Transportation