Inmate Worker Crew Leader
Other correctional personnel
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office (CO) - Golden, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $$41,219.91 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $NA annual
- Lateral Transfer:
- $NA annual
- Top Pay:
- $$60,916.12 annual
++This is a non-sworn position within the Sheriff's Office and does not require POST certification.++
Under general supervision, perform specialized detention work in providing supervision and training for inmate workers.
- Direct inmates in the proper operation of Kitchen Sanitation, Commercial Laundry Operation, Custodial Services, and Outside Authorized Landscape activities including light carpentry work, greenhouse and horticulture operations, sign engraving, facility snow management techniques, and special community project management.
- Additionally, work involves screening sentenced workers, assigning, supervising, training, and evaluating tasks of inmate workers completing various tasks both inside and outside the Sheriff's complex. Position requires competency in all aspects of inmate supervision and a basic knowledge of all the various support operations within the Detentions facility as mentioned.
Inmate Worker Coordinators are responsible for inspecting the work performed by inmate workers; maintaining inventory and purchasing supplies, materials, tools, and equipment ensuring accountability and safety of the inmate workers in the performance of their duties. Coordinators are responsible for maintaining sanitation compliance as directed by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) and proper tool and chemical inventories in compliance with the American Correctional Association as it relates to standards and practice and available Material Safety Data Sheets relative to chemical products under his/her control. Coordinators are subject to the hazards of contact with jail inmates and detainees. Inmate Worker Coordinators report to the Inmate Programs Supervisor.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AT https://www.jeffco.us/561/Join-The-JCSO
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Minimum one year of supervisory experience
- Preferred Experience in commercial or industrial laundry operations, landscape maintenance and/or custodial service work, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Possession of a valid Colorado driver's license. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and tow small trailers as necessary.
Each applicant must be willing to submit to:
- Written Testing
- Oral Interview
- Polygraph Exam
- Background Investigation to include a criminal, driving, and credit history check
- Medical Exam (Job Specific Testing)
- Psychological Exam