TDLO06-10149-Correctional Locksmith-Rawlins, Wyoming
Other correctional personnel
Wyoming Department of Corrections - Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $21.36 hourly
Open Until Filled
Maintain the inventory and repair of all the locks, lock sets, and keys within the facility. Maintain a safe and secure environment for Officers and inmates alike. Communicate with vendors regarding ordering key blanks, lock sets, and steel door locks.
Human Resource Contact: Stephanie Haldorson - 307-328-7409
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Accumulates and files work orders, incident reports and key count reports.
- Installs, repairs, replaces, and audits locks, electronic keypad lock-sets and locking devices.
- Performs required bi-weekly and monthly validation of all manual locks for emergency exits and cell doors of high security prison and support services operations.
- Operates and maintains the following machines and tools: Automatic key cutting machine, one cut by code key-cutter machine, one tension duplicating machine, one manual key cutting machine, several types of drills, saw grinders, pro-lock morticer jig and assorted hand tools used in the lock shop.
- Responsible for daily accountability and inventory of all equipment, tools, locks, key blanks and lock-sets.
- Responsible for key control, maintaining a total accountability for all keys within the facility.
Preference may be given to applicants with 2-4 years of experience in Locksmithing.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain and manage projects and staff requests concerning key and lock control
- Verify inventory and count of all keys within facility
- Ability to establish and maintain a computer tracking system for all keys
Education:Associate's Degree Experience:0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Locksmithing) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Locksmith OR Education & Experience Substitution:2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Locksmithing) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Locksmith Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:None
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May be required to lift 25 pounds or more
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- This position must pass a background check.
- The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Drug Free Workplace. Per WDOC policy, all staff is subject to drug testing while employed by WDOC. Successful applicants for employment must pass a background/reference check, medical evaluation and urinalysis drug test prior to appointment.
- WDOC is a Tobacco-Free workplace and prohibits the taking, carrying, possessing or introducing of smoking materials, smokeless tobacco or tobacco substitutes on or into WDOC facilities and grounds.
- WDOC has a strict dress code policy to include standards for facial hair, body art and piercings/gauges. All applicants must meet the standards of this dress code to be considered for employment.
- WDOC offers a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental and life insurance, paid vacations and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, Wyoming State Retirement and 457 deferred compensation program, longevity pay and opportunities for advancement. Please visit our website at: ++http://doc.state.wy.us/++
080-Department of Corrections - Prisons - Wyoming State Penitentiary
Click ++here++ to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
- Age: N/A
- Education: See job posting
- Experience: See job posting