Other correctional personnel
Wyoming Department of Corrections - Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $5,779.32 monthly
Open Until Filled
Responsible for implementing and supervising all security functions in and throughout the Wyoming State Penitentiary buildings and surrounding area. Monitors all security processes and techniques; evaluates security efficiency; coordinates security training; corrects and improves security procedures; monitors inmate activities that represent threats on the security of the institution.
Human Resource Contact: 307-328-7409 Stephanie Haldorson ++Stephanie.Haldorson@wyo.gov++
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Acts as the Chief of Security for all security operations of a large prison.
- Conducts performance appraisals on Captains.
- Serves as Duty Officers for on call incidents after hours.
- Responsible for internal security and emergency preparedness audit coordination.
- Ensures all security post orders are reviewed, updated and submitted for approval yearly.
- Serves as the Department Head – Part of Executive team for facility.
- Responsible in ensuring all security equipment is on stock and workable.
- Responsible for the budget of the area such as equipment, training, overtime for the security operation.
- Responsible for ensuring the security schedule is posted in advance and that training, vacations and other leaves are coordinated for appropriate shift coverage.
- Supervises the transportation department at WSP.
- Reviews all staff reports and forwards corrective action recommendations to Associate Wardens.
- Assigns staff for policy writing and reviews for standards adherence.
- Knowledge of middle management supervision and techniques.
- Knowledge of basic constitutional law.
- Knowledge of State Personnel Rules and requirements for the supervision, discipline and counseling for all security staff.
Education:Bachelor's Degree (typically in Criminal Justice) Experience:2-4 years of progressive work experience in Correctional Security with acquired knowledge at the level of a Correctional Captain Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Correctional Officer Certification awarded by the Wyoming Peace Officers Standards & Training (POST) Commission. Applicants not holding Wyoming POST certification must be awarded certification within 6 months of employment. OR Education & Experience Substitution:5-7 years of progressive work experience in Correctional Security with acquired knowledge at the level of a Correctional Captain
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Correctional Officer Certification awarded by the Wyoming Peace Officers Standards & Training (POST) Commission. Applicants not holding Wyoming POST certification must be awarded certification within 6 months of employment.
Click link to read to job announcement and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wyoming/jobs/2550309/copr12-11182-correctional-major-rawlins?keywords=11182&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
- Age: N/A
- Education: See job posting
- Experience: See job posting