The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a world leader of government outsourced services specializing in the delivery of correctional and detention management, medical and mental health rehabilitation services, family and youth services, and other diversified services to federal, state and local government agencies around the globe.
GEO's success around the world has been achieved by our highly-trained work force. We employ over 18,000 professionals within our facilities, regional, international, and corporate offices. Our highly skilled professionals manage approximately 80,000 beds at 116 correctional, detention and residential treatment facilities.
With operations in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; GEO offers a diversified array of turnkey services which include design, construction, financing, and operations. Our unique approach allows GEO to provide high-quality and cost-effective services with state-of-the-art designs, innovative programs and ground-breaking treatment approaches.
This position oversees and maintains custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees of a facility, while enforcing the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and monitors the activities of the inmates or detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas
- Coordinates and monitors inmate or detainee movements, conducts counts, and provides emergency response as needed
- May be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to, the control room, front and sally port entrance, health services, special housing, perimeter security, transportation, work details, reception, intake, and visits officer, etc., as required by management
- Provides security in program activities and supervises labor crews in various areas around facility.
- Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma
- Promotes facility cleanliness and reports need for maintenance or repairs
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required
- Completes training courses as required by facility training standards
- Performs correctional duties for any shift as defined by management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred
- May be required to possess valid state driver's license
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress
Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Health, Den