RN - County Correctional Medicine, Cleveland, 72hrs, D/N Rotation
The MetroHealth System - Cleveland, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $1.00 annual
Registered Nurse (RN)
County Correctional Facility
72 hours Bi-Weekly
Day/Night Rotation- 3 12-hour shifts/week
Weekend & Holiday Rotation
The MetroHealth System is an essential health system committed to providing health care to everyone in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, and improving the health of the community overall. Its 7,500 employees deliver care to everyone at its main campus, just west of downtown Cleveland, and at more than 25 other MetroHealth locations. It also provides health care at more than 40 additional sites in Cuyahoga County through community partnerships such as the School Health Program.
++Summary:++ Plans for, delivers, documents and evaluates nursing care of patients in correctional health care in terms of their individual needs, according to provider’s orders and in conformance with approved and recognized nursing standards of care, recognized nursing techniques, procedures and administrative policy. Directs activities of assigned nursing personnel in such care. Observes, assesses and reports on the condition of patients. Maintains accurate and timely documentation of care reflecting patient’s condition, treatment, and response to care. Upholds the mission, vision, values, and customer service standards of The MetroHealth System.
· Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing (or a program seeking accreditation)
· Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Ohio.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for the healthcare provider certification or obtains within 90 days of hire.
++Must have:++ a. A thorough knowledge of nursing theory and practice, including basic knowledge relating to nursing such as biological, physical, psychosocial, and medical sciences and their applications. b. A thorough knowledge of the use and care of instruments, equipment and supplies related to nursing service or ambulatory medical practice. c. A thorough knowledge of the theory and principles of medical asepsis. d. The ability to maintain positive working relations with other employees and medical staff. e. A high degree of physical coordination and finger-hand dexterity.
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing
· Correctional Health Care experience
· Specialty certification:
Certified Corrections Nurse (CCN) from the American Correctional Association Certification Program -OR- Certified Correctional Health Professional (CCHP) from the National Commission on Correctional Health Care
· May sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk intermittently during the day.
· May need to sit or stand for extended periods.
· See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
· Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
· Ability to lift 250-300 pounds with assistance.
· Ability to push/pull up to 500 pounds with assistance.
· Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
· Requires some exposure to chemicals and cleaning products.
- Age: 18+
- Education: ADN, BSN,
- Experience: 1+ years nursing experience