Police Officer Trainee
Austin Police Department - Austin, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $40,000.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $58,681.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $95,270.00 annual
Applicants should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in a law enforcement career:
- Read and write English.
- Confidence and a responsible attitude.
- The ability to react quickly and take positive action.
- The ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
- The ability to work alone and in a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Courage and initiative.
- Good physical fitness.
This posting is for the position of Police Cadet for the Austin Police Department. Applicants who are hired as Police Cadets will attend a 40 hour/week, 8 month training academy in Austin, TX. Hours are generally Mon-Fri 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. or 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. However, occasional nights and weekends are required for training purposes.
Graduates of the Austin Police Department academy are responsible for:
- The protection of life, liberty, and property.
- Enforcement of all laws of the State of Texas and laws and ordinances of the City of Austin.
- Performing law enforcement duties including:
- Responding to calls for service.
- Enforcing traffic laws.
- Conducting preliminary investigations of crimes.
- Executing all lawful process.
- Arresting offenders with and without warrant when authorized by law.
- Investigating motor vehicle crashes
- Preparing various written reports.
- Giving testimony in court.
- Conferring with local law enforcement, criminal justice, and emergency response agencies on matters of mutual interest.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Age: 20.5 – 45 years old
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: None required
Ready to apply? Visit www.APDRecruiting.org to review the steps in the hiring process. Online applications will be accepted beginning on Monday, December 18, 2017, at 8 a.m. CST.