Infectious Disease Specialist - Physician - Part-time - NY
Center for Family Guidance LLC - Marlton, New Jersey
- Application Deadline:
Responsible for the prevention and treatment of communicable diseases
- Reports to the assigned facility at the designated time to examine referred patients
- Assures the implementation and on-going supervision of the on-site chronic clinics
- Consults with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in the delivering services to inmates
- Ensures proper disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment
- Recommends and orders tests to determine the extent of illness or help diagnose condition
- When appropriate, utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations
- Maintains proper certification for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual judgment and actions
- Utilizes standard precautions when providing any invasive procedures for diagnostic or routine studies or handling specimens
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects the patient’s right to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals
- Abides by the security regulations of the facility
- Notifies the Administrator of changes in scheduled coverage and assists in arrangement for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must possess a degree in medicine (M.D./D.O.) from an accredited medical school with a specialty in Infection Control.
- Must be licensed in New York to perform medicine and must have a DEA license.
- Age: N/A
- Education: MD/DO
- Experience: Infection Control