Jackson County Department of Corrections - Kansas City, Missouri
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $12.60 hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $14.55 hourly
- Top Pay:
- Provides security for inmates housed at the Jackson County Detention Center.
- The employee must follow written procedures and guidelines in the department’s policy and procedure manual.
- Corrections Officers works on a compressed schedule of twelve hour shifts .
- Overtime is required and the employee is subject to being called in when staffing shortages, department emergencies arise.
Must Apply Onlineat www.jacksongov.org/jobs Once an application is submitted contact Human Resources at (816) 881-3136 to schedule the corrections officer exam which assesses candidates overall general knowledge.
- Age: 20
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: None
- Must have a High School diploma/GED (Bachelor’s Degree in corrections preferred),
- Must be at least age 20
- Must have/maintain valid driver’s license, have/maintain working telephone in the residence.
- Must pass Corrections Officer exam, police background/motor vehicle record check, drug screen test and physical examination.
- Must work mandatory overtime and maintain sufficient physical dexterity to perform essential elements of the position.BARGAINING UNIT POSITION