Cook, Senior - Adult Corrections Facility
Hennepin County - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $33,124.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $46,554.00 annual
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Train, evaluate, and provide work direction to residents (inmates) and monitor their performance in a food service work program in the kitchen of the ACF; oversee meal preparation and cleaning of cooking and eating utensils; clean floors and set up and serve food.
- Prepare or coordinate preparation of main dishes, salads, and desserts, and ensure that recipes are followed according to standards.
- Maintain above-standard quality on all products through continuous quality checks and assist in maintaining sanitation of the kitchen and dining areas.
- Supervise the use and inventories of kitchen appliances, including equipment such as utensils and knives; monitor need for equipment repair.
- Review the quantities prepared and take appropriate action for overages and shortages; complete production sheets.
- Keep inventories of food and supplies in food service; count and keep records of food used for reimbursement.
- Request, receive, and account for food and supplies for service menu requirements.
- Recognize and respect cultural differences and provide culturally appropriate services.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Three years or more of experience in full dinner cooking responsibility on a moderately large scale (i.e., health/hospital setting: 300+ beds or business/industrial setting: 500+ meals).
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County Driver's Permit.
- Basic knowledge and skill in using a computer to access and enter data.
- Experience providing training and work direction to work program residents and kitchen staff; experience as a supervisor or lead worker.
- Food service experience in a prison, detention center, hospital, college, or military setting.
- ServSafe Certification or the ability to acquire certification within six months of permanent hire.
- Ability to:
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Operate industrial kitchen appliances and food service equipment.
- Manage problems and resolve conflicts using tact and diplomacy.
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work as a team member.
- Work effectively with an increasingly diverse client population.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School
- Experience: Three years or more cooking for large crowds
HR Service Center