Director, Health Services- Boca Raton, FL
The GEO Group, Inc. - Boca Raton, Florida
- Application Deadline:
This position works in conjunction with the Regional Health Services Directors and Managers, Wardens and Health Services Administrators in overseeing all medical operations based on established goals, objectives, aims and philosophies, policy and procedures and contractual requirements. It also monitors and ensures compliance with Joint Commission (JC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) and American Correctional Association standards and applicable laws. Finally, it assists with the start-up of new facilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps the VP, Health Services and senior management aware of critical health service issues occurring throughout the organization.
- Maintains effective working relationships with Wardens, Health Services Administrators, Regional Directors, Regional Managers, contracted providers, and outside providers or agencies.
- Utilizes established corporate and correctional policies and procedures in making decisions using sound independent judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
- Ensures compliance of policies and procedures, JC, NCCHC and ACA standards and applicable laws.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA requirements and Center of Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and keeps abreast of current trends and changes. Advises VP, Health Services and senior management of changes and needs with recommendations to ensure compliance and continuous improvement in health and safety issues for employees and detainees.
- Attends seminars, workshops, conferences as required by management.
- Conducts corporate audits according to established audit schedules.
- Works in conjunction with Health Services Administrators and Regional Health Services Directors and Managers in preparation for accreditation or reaccreditations.
- Monitors and provides in-service programs suitable to the prison health care program.
- Functions as a liaison between the organization and other professional organizations.
- Meets with outside hospital or agency administrators to ensure a close working relationship between them and the organization.
- Ensures standardization of system components-forms, services, policies, standards, and responses to problems.
- Accepts on call status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Age: n/a
- Education: Bachelor's, Associates of Science degree in Nursing or LPN/LVN.
- Experience: Five (5) years progressive administrative and supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's, Associates of Science degree in Nursing or LPN/LVN.
- Five (5) years progressive administrative and supervisory experience.
- Experience in correctional health care, preferred.
- Experience in delivery and administration of ambulatory nursing care.
- Must possess good decision making and communication skills.
- Travels overnight as required.
- Ability to relocate temporarily to assist with new start-ups or as the organizational needs require it.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.