Community Corrections Specialist
Hennepin County - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $38,642.00 annual
- Monitor (24/7) correctional clients assigned to the EHM Program.
- Make routine visits to clients' schools, homes, and places of employment.
- Maintain paper and electronic client files; document case information in electronic offender databases and client monitoring systems.
- Mentor juvenile clients assigned to the EHM program.
- Communicate and enforce EHM program rules with adult and juvenile clients, their families, educators, and employers.
- Complete progress and violation reports for the court.
- Admit and release EHM participants to the program as ordered by the court.
- Connect, repair, and retrieve client assigned electronic monitoring devices.
- Recognize and respect cultural differences and provide culturally appropriate services.
- One of the following:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in a behavioral/social science, law enforcement, education, criminal justice, or a related field and one year or more full-time equivalent of approved paid or volunteer experience in social work, corrections, law enforcement, criminal justice, district court, and/or probation/parole.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in non-related field and two years or more of full-time equivalent approved paid or volunteer experience in one of the areas listed above.
- Note: Completion of an Evidence-Based Practice Corrections Professional Certificate from an approved school may be substituted for one year of relevant coursework or experience.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County driver's permit.
- Experience securing services for clients from a variety of agencies (corrections and/or social services; group homes, halfway houses, and/or correctional programs).
- Experience carrying an assigned caseload of juvenile and/or adult offenders.
- Knowledge of community resources, and willingness to work in a community-based work environment.
- Proficient keyboarding/typing skills to enter and process information expediently and accurately; skill using different computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to:
- Establish and maintain good relationships with clients, co-workers, and the public.
- Resolve problems and develop creative solutions; prioritize work involving large caseloads and work independently with minimal direction.
- Work effectively with an increasingly diverse client population.
- Age: 24
- Education: bachelor degree
- Experience: experienced