Vocational Instructor (building trades)- Hinton, OK
The GEO Group, Inc. - Hinton, Oklahoma
- Application Deadline:
VOCATIONAL INSTRUCTOR (BUILDING TRADES)
Experienced instructors are you passionate about helping others to meet their educational goals on the road to turning their life around and want to feel good about what you do on a daily basis; then we need you! We are looking for dedicated vocational instructors to join our growing education team. As an Instructor on our team, you will create a vocational, technical, and academic environment that provides inmates/detainees the opportunity to maximize their learning potential and achieve or enhance an ability to perform vocational tasks. If you are looking for an opportunity where you will work as part of a team of dedicated teachers, striving to achieve your personal best by helping others, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Job ResponsibilitiesAs a Vocational Instructor you will provide instruction to inmates/detainees for various labor and/or technical skills through classroom instruction, demonstration and practical exercises.Instructor responsibilities include:
- Maintaining records including testing, daily offender work, attendance and general record keeping
- Assessing educational needs of inmates, developing lessons plans to address those needs to include individualized assignments and training
- Administering, scoring, and interpreting examinations and proficiency indicators
- Counseling students concerning their performance, behavior and personal problems
- Supervise inmates in a classroom setting on construction projects.
- Age: n/a
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or 5 years relevant wage-earning work experience in construction
- Experience: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or 5 years relevant wage-earning work experience in construction
As an Instructor you should have the basic knowledge to teach students in public and private setting, comfortable with teaching various labor and/or technical skills.Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or 5 years relevant wage-earning work experience in construction
- One year supervisory position or two years of teaching prefered.