Mental Health Couselor 1
Nevada Department of Corrections - Las Vegas, Nevada
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $46,938.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $69,718.00 annual
Open Competitive recruitment for Mental Health Counselor 1. The position is located at Southern Desert State Prison (SDCC), in Indian Springs, Nevada.
Please inform all interested canidates must apply through the Department of Administration Division of Human Resource Management NVAPPS system located at www.hr.nv.gov.
All interested applicants must go through the Department of Administration Division of Human Resource Management NVAPPS system located at www.hr.nv.gov.
- Click on the Job Announcements link.
- Click on recruitment #30841, Mental Health Counselor 1, to view the job announcement. If the desired recruitment is not listed under New Jobs, scroll to the left margin and select from the Browse Recruitments by Occupational Group links.
- From the Menu, click on Instructions or Frequently Asked Questions for additional information on registering and completing the applicant profile.
- Alternatively, you can use the search feature to find the recruitment you wish to apply for.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the job announcement and select the apply button; follow the indicted steps to complete your application. If needed use instructions provided or call the Help Desk at 775-687-9099 or 1-866-686-3287.
In order to view and apply for any divisional, departmental or open competitive recruitment, the employee must develop an applicant profile in NEATS/NVAPPS system.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT A CLOSING DATE HAS NOT BEEN ESTABLISHED AT THIS TIME. APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL RECRUITMENT NEEDS ARE SATISFIED (URS). HOWEVER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY IMMEDIATELY. A LIST OF ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES WILL BE DEVELOPED; AND THE RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE WHEN A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED OR A HIRING DECISION IS MADE.
- Age: 21 years or beyond
- Education: Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Experience: Combination of clinical experience and educatuin
|Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)|
|Master's degree from an accredited college or university in counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology, social work or closely related academic field; OR an equivalent combination of education and clinical experience at or above a master's degree and experience as described above.|
|A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.|
|Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.|
|Application Evaluation Exam|
|The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.|